About


Hello loves and thanks for stopping by to check out my little corner on the interwebz.

Here you will find posts about life, fitsporation, recipes (sometimes healthy, sometimes not), quotes and whatever else is inspiring me at the moment!

Please feel inclined to be an active follower, comments, follows and shares are all welcome here!


My Groups

Texas Women Bloggers


Blogs I Love

Contemporary Harbor

Oh the things I think

Design and content Copyright Christy Tucker aka Life is a Lovely Dream. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Be The Change

I have been trying to make it a point to stay up-to-date with news and other world affairs, because I admit, in the past I haven't. I like to stay informed of my surroundings, but it just breaks my heart to see a world full of so much hate and turmoil. As I sit here and really think about it all, I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” by Mahatma Gandhi


See, we ALL (myself included) talk the big talk from behind our computer screens, and television sets in our little comfort bubbles, about congress, about crime, about money, about the homeless, the starving children. But there is no action.  

What this world needs is just that, action! This world, and our very souls NEED each one of us to take a stand and DO something.

Let's get real. When was the last time you volunteered at a local organization? Whether it be a homeless shelter to dish out soup, or to work with the youth as a mentor, how many times have you been to Church service on Sunday and heard about the upcoming missions events or volunteer opportunities but passed, when was the last time you called your local congressmen and spoke up for your beliefs instead of passively hating them from you home? 

What the world needs is love. And it is OUR collective duty to stand up and take action for what is right. If we want change, and I know you do, we have to be that change. 

In closing, I will leave you with these scriptures to reflect on.

1 John 3:18
Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 

James 3:13
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in humility that comes from wisdom. 

James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 

James 1:23-25 
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Matthew 5:14-16 
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!