About


Hello loves and thanks for stopping by to check out my little corner on the interwebz.

Here you will find posts about life, fitsporation, recipes (sometimes healthy, sometimes not), quotes and whatever else is inspiring me at the moment!

Please feel inclined to be an active follower, comments, follows and shares are all welcome here!


My Groups

Texas Women Bloggers


Blogs I Love

Contemporary Harbor

Oh the things I think

Design and content Copyright Christy Tucker aka Life is a Lovely Dream. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Chicago | March 2014

#Photography #Travel #JuniperBloom #LifeisaLovelyDream

Last month the husband and I decided we would venture out of Texas for Spring Break and explore a new city. Can you guess where we went? Yep!

 C H I C A G O 

It was COLD and windy, but wow, we had a blast! However, I know you must be wondering why in the heck we chose to go to Chicago for Spring Break. I mean, hellooooo, it's freezing there! Aren't you supposed to go someplace warm? I have already been asked this question several times, and each time, with the same bewildered expression to accompany it. We chose Chicago for two main reasons!

1. We are going to be vacationing in Florida this Summer, which covers our bases for a warm vacation.
2. We have never been to Chicago before and have both always sorta wanted to see what the Windy City was all about. You know, with it being the THIRD largest city and all! 

We ate, we drank, we found some really amazing (authentic) blues dive bars, we tried one of the oldest ice cream parlors in the city, we went sightseeing, we drank TONS of coffee and hot chocolate, we hopped from train to train, we hailed taxis, we kissed in the snow at 4am, but most of all, we held hands, we enjoyed each others company while strolling along the city streets, we cuddled in our coats, we shared our dreams and we were in love. 

You might recall in one or several of my previous posts that my husband works out of state for 28 - 30 days at a time. So when we can afford the luxury of getting away together to reconnect, we steal it with no guilt or shame. It is such a bittersweet thing, him working out of state. Sure, I can catch up with my friends, and practically do whatever I want, when I want. It allows me a great deal of freedom, and I love that. Hell, for the first week.. ahem, maybe a little longer, I totally own my king size bed. I mean I sprawl out right in the middle, hog as much of the covers as possible. Wait.. I do that anyway. Damn. ;) But after a while I start to slowly feel the empty space of the bed suffocate any warmth that remains from him being there with me, the visions of him in my mind begin to dim slowly too. I get lonely. 

Through this experience I have learned that I am a very strong woman. Mostly due to one thing, people rudely asking me why we do this. Not out of general curiosity, but in a condescending, what is wrong with us, or we must not want to spent time together sort of way. Some have even been good friends of mine, so it has been hurtful to some degree. I am not saying everyone who asks has some rude intention or anything melodramatic like that. But some have. It used to hurt my feelings and I would get uncomfortable, but then I really thought about it. My husband and I are strong enough, in love enough and smart enough to make big sacrifices NOW for US later. In fact, everything is working out perfectly. We will finally be able to buy our FIRST house come the first of the new year, we will also be 100% debt free and have a killer savings account to boot. Sure, it is hard sometimes. But what we are gaining is so much more important than throwing in the towel for today's heartaches. 

Sometimes you've got to suck it up and persevere, my friends! 


2 comments:

  1. This post is adorable! I love hearing about your trip! My hubby and I are getting ready to take a trip to San Fran at the end of the month and I can't wait to have some awesome bonding time. I'm thinking sitting along the beach/coastline with the sun going down and a bottle of wine! :)
    Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get what you want in the long run. I get it! I am so happy that all the financial stuff is getting in order for your first house!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Jenn! :) I am so excited for you guys. Hubby and I spent two days in San Fran last year then drove down the Pacific Coast Highway on our way back to the city of angels. We were pretty surprised to find that even in August it was pretty chilly and the water was FREEZING!!! I literally wore a sweater on the beach! LOL It was very beautiful though, a must for sure. Oh! If you guys plan on touring Alcatraz or any other touristy sights, I would advise that you book now, when we were there almost everything was booked for months out so we didn't get to do as much as we had hoped. But, that just means we'll have to go back someday! :)

      Delete

Tell me about it!