About


Hello loves and thanks for stopping by to check out my little corner on the interwebz.

Here you will find posts about life, fitsporation, recipes (sometimes healthy, sometimes not), quotes and whatever else is inspiring me at the moment!

Please feel inclined to be an active follower, comments, follows and shares are all welcome here!


My Groups

Texas Women Bloggers


Blogs I Love

Contemporary Harbor

Oh the things I think

Design and content Copyright Christy Tucker aka Life is a Lovely Dream. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

I'm a Fighter

Well.. well.. so we meet again!

Phew!!

School has been seriously whooping up on me, and ruling my life. So now that we have a little down time until finals arrive, here I am! ;D

If you have an Instagram, tumblr, Twitter or Facebook account feel free to connect with me through those avenues to see my other updates when I am not able to dedicate the proper amount of attention to writing a full on blog post. You can do so by clicking on my social networking icons below my header (the top of the blog)! As always, thank you much for taking the time to stop by, your presence is greatly welcomed and appreciated. :D

Let's get down to business, shall we?  

9 months ago (holy bleep batman, it's already been 9 stinking months?!!) I got serious about dropping 25 pounds. I was at one of my most miserable states of my existence and was in desperate need of a change. So I put on my big girl boxing gloves and fought like a champ! In my corner I had the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program and the South Beach Diet coaching me, and turned to the wonderful world of #fitspo on Instagram for inspiration and support from so many lovely women that are fighting the good fight, just like most of us are on a daily basis.

In the process of completing the Body Rev. I not only lost 20 pounds, I have gained so much more than I ever imagined and am now fully committed to living a healthy lifestyle through following a (mostly) clean eating diet, and working out at least 5 days per week. As a result, 7 weeks ago I reached my goal weight of losing 25 pounds (weighing 135 lbs) and have managed to keep it off since then.





If you are just starting out on your fitness journey, just keep in mind that you will not see results over night, it takes time. Setting realistic goals is key to keeping yourself focus and on the right track. Just know that you WILL see results with persistence and HARD WORK. I don't think I noticed real results for a good 3 months, but once I did, I was bound and determined to keep at it and to keep kicking ass and taking names with my progress. Sure, I am 100% human and there were several days where I just didn't want to do it. I made every excuse known to man, yes, even the ones you say to yourself too, but I MADE MYSELF workout. Guess what? I didn't die. I actually felt better as a result!

There will ALWAYS be days where it will be so much more convenient to throw in the towel.. to quit.. to let those negative voices in your mind to conquer you.. to let the haters win.. BUT. You've got to dig down deep and realize YOUR happiness is at stake. Yes, you might not want to do it, but you will be so glad that you kept at it once you start seeing results, if you quit, you absolutely will not see any changes, period. End of story.

So what's it gonna be?

Failure?

or

Success? 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job!! I wish I could stop procrastinating enough to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First let me apologize, I JUST saw that you posted a comment. Thank you so much, you are so sweet. I know exactly how you feel girl, trust me. If you ever wanna workout or hit a cycling class with me, let me know. I would love for you to join me! :) We could even set up a weekly run night or something. Just to catch up and get a good run in, in the process. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work babe! My motivation has certainly dropped since I got to Houston but am getting it back slowly : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! If you ever want to workout together, just holler. :) I just had time to peek at you blog and I LOVE it. The header is just too cute for words. I also followed all of your social networking. <3 I didn't see a spot to follow your blog using my Google account, if you add one let me know and I will do that. I am about to add your grab button to my side bar!! <3

      Delete

Tell me about it!