About


Hello loves and thanks for stopping by to check out my little corner on the interwebz.

Here you will find posts about life, fitsporation, recipes (sometimes healthy, sometimes not), quotes and whatever else is inspiring me at the moment!

Please feel inclined to be an active follower, comments, follows and shares are all welcome here!


My Groups

Texas Women Bloggers


Blogs I Love

Contemporary Harbor

Oh the things I think

Design and content Copyright Christy Tucker aka Life is a Lovely Dream. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Somestimes You Just Need Random


my lovely lovely readers! 

Guess who is finished with the 2013 Fall semester? ME! So since I am lazing around, sipping on some coffee and listening to some tunez I thought I would blog. :) This post isn't going to be about anything specific.. just a bunch of random things. I hope that's okay! Because to be perfectly honest, I need to let my mind just wander for a bit. So here goes!


My current read, She's Got Issues by Nicole Unice. I just finished Joyce Meyer's book Seven Things That Steal Your Joy (great book, a definite must read) 


and was wanting to keep the momentum going, so while attend service at my church I bought Nicole's book. To be honest, when I first began the book I almost stopped reading it a few different times because the tone of the book was.. how do I put it? Err. Weird. It wasn't positive, but it wasn't necessarily negative, I don't really know how to describe it really, it just sorta struck me as strange. But as I kept reading Nicole's approach began to make more and more sense to me. This woman is real and writes about real life worries us women go through in our faith. So if you are one of those, "holier-than-thous".. you might want to skip this book because Nicole will bring up the questions we all ask ourselves in our minds, where no one can hear us.. "Am I worthy", "Am I changed yet", "Am I doing this right?", "Does God hear me, because I don't hear him"... and so many other questions. Now that I am writing this, I think that is why I was a bit put off by this book when I first began reading it. Normally when you read Christian related books no one really touches on those subjects, and if they do, it's very touch and go. So my natural instinct was to question her motives and intentions. But now, I am just hooked! 

Listen to what she has to say about what's in her book!   




     We’ve all got our issues! Maybe you feel like life just isn’t going your way, or you’re afraid that you don’t measure up to other people’s expectations. Perhaps you have a hard time managing your temper or have someone in your life you just can’t forgive. We deal with our “issues” every day in one form or another; the problem is, after a while, they start to feel . . . normal. Unchanging. Just part of who we are. And we forget that we have access to the power of Christ —a power that can transform our everyday weaknesses into our greatest strengths and gifts.


     In She’s Got Issues, Christian counselor, ministry leader, and regular mom Nicole Unice explores the ordinary issues that are keeping you from the full and free life you were meant to have. Applying years of counseling with practical scriptural teaching and a fresh and authentic voice, Nicole shows you how to let God freely shape your character —and transform your life from ordinary to abundant.

-amazon.com


Grab a copy HERE!
Join me on Goodreads HERE!

What are you currently reading? Share it with us in the comments below this post! 

I am really late in the game with this one, but hubby and I just watch Indecent Proposal this past weekend and it is now one of my favorite movies. Yeah, so the plot is kinda effed up, but in some twisted way, it is romantic. PLUS!! Robert Redford is in it, and I just freaking LOVE that man. *swooning hard over here* Another surprise is that Woody Harrelson is a total babe in this, who'da thunk it? If you haven't seen it, go grab some pop corn or whatever you snack on and watch it! :)



I have absolutely no idea why but I am on this weird yellow mustard kick. I mean I want it on everything... well, almost everything!


This is just too funny not to share.


I know some of you just bought one. Didn't you? Don't lie! 

I could seriously wear plaid, boots and faux-fur vests everyday (not necessarily together).







I mean.. Who wouldn't? Right!

DIY Eye Makeup Remover? Sure why not! 

 

Follow me on Pinterest HERE

A gorgeous shot of Jennifer Lawrence ♥


Angelina Jolie 


My Next Crafting Project 




A scarf and jewelry holder! :) To make use a towel rod and shower hooks, easy peasy. :)

Tis all folks! Have a very lovely day. 
XOXOX

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!