About


Hello loves and thanks for stopping by to check out my little corner on the interwebz.

Here you will find posts about life, fitsporation, recipes (sometimes healthy, sometimes not), quotes and whatever else is inspiring me at the moment!

Please feel inclined to be an active follower, comments, follows and shares are all welcome here!


My Groups

Texas Women Bloggers


Blogs I Love

Contemporary Harbor

Oh the things I think

Design and content Copyright Christy Tucker aka Life is a Lovely Dream. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Today I'm a Grateful Grapefruit


Everyday when I log on to Facebook (don't hate) I am greeted with so many inspiring and warmhearted posts about what you are thankful for. Since I have yet to jump on the bandwagon, I figured I would dedicate a post about the things I am thankful for and get caught up! :) 



ONE




"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." 

I am beyond thankful for my family! No matter what curveballs life throws my way or the mistakes I have undoubtedly made throughout my lifetime, my family is always there providing forgiveness, guidance, acceptance, support, encouragement and above all, love and companionship. Without my family I would truly be one lost and lonely gal. 

TWO


"A successful marriage isn't the union of two perfect people. It's that of two imperfect people who have learned the value of forgiveness and grace." -Darlene Schacht

If I sat here and told you that we have the perfect marriage, I would be a fool and a liar. Am I ashamed or embarrassed to admit that? Heck no! To be honest, I don't want perfect because perfect doesn't exist and if it did it would bore the daylights out of me. I want real. Don't you? I want the raw passion that only comes from loving someone intensely and intimately. I truly feel I have grown so much as an individual since meeting my husband, because of our differences. We may not always agree and we have our share of highs and lows.. that is life, that is love. 

However, what we have surpasses any love that I have ever thought I could/would have. He is my rock when I need strength or shelter from this crazy world and the crazy people that inhabit it. He is my lover, and my, what a lover he is. He is my best friend 24-7. When he is away, I could be surrounded by all of my family members and friends, but I always feel lonely without him near. He has taught me that there are (gasp, dare I say it?!!) still GENTLEMEN left in the world and that chivalry is not dead. He makes me laugh until I giggle-snort. He tickles me when I'm mad and I don't want to laugh. Who am I kidding? He tickles me just to tickle me most of the time. lol :) He is so incredibly brilliant, I swear the man knows how to fix practically everything with his own hands. Which, come on ladies.. that is an incredibly sexy quality in a man. Am I right? The point is.. that every marriage is and will be different, learn to stop comparing your relationship(s) to other peoples, appreciate that yours is meant to be different and create your own love story. The way YOU want it to be. Marriage is something you do, everyday. It is a choice, just like happiness. I am so blessed because each and everyday we write a new page in our love story together, everyday is a new adventure in love. 

THREE





"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep them is a blessing." -Baltasar Gracian

Where on earth do I even begin? Say hello to my bestie. My wiefy! Mrs. Ashleigh Peterson. :) Ashleigh and I have known each other since around 1st grade. I know right?! That's a LONG time! So I guess it is safe to say that this girl just gets me. Genuinely gets me. And for me, personally speaking, being understood is a high want on my list.. because us (points to self) Capricorns are of the most misunderstood signs of the zodiac, so they say. And I believe it! 

What I have always admired and respected about Ashleigh is that throughout the many many moons we have known one another we have drifted apart and come back together several times, riding along life's course trying to find out who we are as individuals. No matter how much time has passed, or why, I ALWAYS know where I stand with her. ALWAYS There are no Mean Girls head games, gossip, fake behavior or any judgement.. and honey-chil' that is rare in a friend these days. TRUST ME. What's more? I have always felt like I can be my 100% authentic self around her, and that too is (sadly) something rare to find. 

These days, what really keeps me in awe of her is the woman she is today, and everyday growing to be. She is the proud mother of THREE beautiful, brilliant children and an amazing wife. Everyday I am so inspired by her. Her patience. Her dedication. Her passion. Her natural beauty. Her genuine character. Her heart and soul. Just simply.. her, to be honest. I truly love that girl so muches and I do not know what I would do without her! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!